This latest Google Wallet Card which is a mobile payment tool was announced on Wednesday Nov 20th, 2013.
This is not a new credit nor debit card. Instead, it’s designed to work with existing card swipers to pass the transaction on to Wallet customer’s existing, linked accounts.
With this Google Wallet Card, customer can use in stores and ATM Machines. It will be tied to user’s Google Wallet accounts for online and and money transfer system. It’s available in the United States only free of charge without monthly or annual fees. Customers can now order there Google Wallet Card via online and takes around 10 to 12 days to be delivered. You can order your Google Wallet Card here.
How you pay with your Google Wallet Card
With Google Wallet Card, you’ll be able to spend your Wallet Balance anywhere MasterCard® Debit is accepted in the US, online or in stores. Simply hand over your card to the cashier like you would any credit or debit card.
For example, if you have a Citi MasterCard, then you get a Google Wallet Card. You go online, link your Citi card to your Google Wallet account, then go to store and take out Google Wallet card instead of citi card. If you need to switch card, just open Google Wallet app and select linked card. Then purchases swiped with this Google Wallet card will switch to the card user selected.
And if you select “debit” at the point of sale, you’ll have to enter your Wallet PIN when prompted for your card PIN. If you need to provide a zip code to complete your transaction, use the zip code associated with your Wallet’s home address.
The amount in your Wallet Balance is what you have available to spend, up to a limit of $5,000 per 24 hours. This amount limit does not include cash withdrawals at ATMs or banks.
This swipe card also support transits cards.
• Send money easily to any friend in the US with an email address. And once you start using the app, you’ll also get access to sending money in Gmail.
• Carry your loyalty programs in the app and leave the plastic cards behind.
• Save more when you shop by carrying all your offers with you
• Tap and pay anywhere contactless payments are accepted on select NFC phones. You can see a list of supported phones at https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en
• Shop with confidence. Google Wallet comes with a PIN, 24/7 fraud monitoring, and Google Wallet Purchase Protection. If your phone is lost or stolen, you can easily disable the Google Wallet app at http://wallet.google.com/manage
• Google Wallet works on devices with Android 2.3.3 or later.
• Have questions or feedback? Call us at 1-855-492-5538.