Update: His profile in facebook is no longer accessible.
Alviss Kong & Binluii’s Photos kindly proceed here
They found the car owner
Alviss Kong funeral
This is not the first time we’ve heard of people leaving a suicide note in Facebook. Alviss Kong did that to show his love for her girlfriend (4 months relationship) after their breakup by posting a message on Facebook talking about a 45 minutes countdown before he jumped off a 14th floor building in Ketumbar Heights, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.
It happened in his house and he was pronounced dead on his way to the hospital.
Few hours before his suicide, he posted in facebook whether he should commit suicide or not. However, his friends thought that he was just fooling around. A few of his friends in the end took this seriously and beg him not to do it..
I guess he really show his love to BinLuii Binluii (his girlfriend) how much his love is worth. His life….
this news report on Chinapress, a local Chinese Newspaper reporting about it that the guy passed away 9AM in the morning just yesterday.
Alviss Kong’s last note
His took the last snap of himself crying infront of his camera before he suicide
His ex-girlfriend BinLuii Binluii
More photos of Binlui
What can family members, friends and relatives do to help these people via Facebook??
Read more here
A summary of the Alviss Kong tragedy.
I read some disturbing news in my Facebook feed, and clicked it. In summary, here’s what happened. Most of the official articles are in Chinese, and some people are adding unnecessary details. Here’s just the facts in summary.
Just the facts:
* A 22 year old (Born 22nd May 1988) , ALVISS KONG (Jiangshi Feng (IT staff) committed suicide by jumping off the 14th floor of Ketumbar Heights, Cheras.
* Before commiting suicide, he posted a note to his Facebook profile page. Prior to jumping, he took one last photo and even posted a message 45 minutes before.
* From the note, it can be inferred that he no longer wanted to live after his girlfriend broke up with him.
* Alviss Kong ’s body damaged a car upon impact, and he lay bleeding until emergency services took him to the hospital.
* He was pronounced dead at 9AM on the morning of December 10th.
* He lived on the 5th floor of the same apartment, and has a brother and a sister
* Prior to jumping off the 14th floor, he went to a tea stall near his apartment.
* Both Alviss Kong and his girlfriend had blogs.
* They had been together for 4 months, and this was Alviss’s second, and last relationship.
* From a source on FB, I found out that Alviss Kong used to work in Berjaya Times Square. He also used to go clubbing a lot, and he liked to wear a plaster on his face as a fashion statement.
There’s a tragic amount of disrespectful comments in the FB page and some of the forums and blogs from “keyboard warriors”, unfortunately. If you’re reading this, please don’t add to it. I thought this tweet summarizes it pretty well:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/7daaj8
On Thursday 9th December 2010, @djvoize said:
People~ please respect the late alviss kong,4 months doesn’t mean that the love is nt deep,respect by nt saying him dumb or what,n fr u guys who wanna scold or slap the girl,for what?it’s nt even her wrong n we outsiders will nvr know what’s the real prob between them~
Screenshot from Alviss Kong’s blog. It’s closed now, but the Google Cache is available:
It’s quite sad reading about Alviss Kong’s perfect day with her (clubbing, school, etc) especially knowing what happened
* The suicide note on Facebook: here
* Alviss Kong’s Facebook page: here
* Alviss Kong’s blog (private): here
* The original ChinaPress article: here
* A link to the auto-translated version: here
* A personal friend of Alviss Kong shares the experiences of her time with him: here
* Another friend of Alviss Kong shares her experiences: here
* GooGoo1Nee.blogspot’s article:here
This is particularly depressing for me given that Alviss is quite likely someone I have probably met or seen while clubbing. Someone that I have 15 mutual friends with on Facebook. And he’s a blogger. A girl in my Facebook list wrote on her wall about how she was very happy to have been his friend, as she used to club with him and he always had a “cute plaster” on his face, and spend late nights talking on the phone with him and sharing secrets. It’s especially sad knowing that Alviss was a fashionable, good looking guy, had lots of friends and people to talk to (judging from his pics, Facebook profile and blog posts) -but still chose to commit suicide.
I know we’ve all ‘been there’. Where you just want to turn the off switch. It really isn’t the way to go about it.
Please if you’re even thinking of suicide. There’s always a way out. And really. There will always be other girls.
Please do give them a call before you do anything – this is a counselling/suicide prevention hotline.
03-79568144 or 03-79568145
Rest in peace, Alviss.
Alvis video (in cantonese)