[click photo to enlarge] [ more photos below ]
Galeri Petronas proudly presents NOVA-Exploring the New Media, featuring awe-inspiring and innovative works from young star designers. This exhibition is held in conjunction with the Kuala Lumpur Design Week Festival 2010.
NOVA – Exploring the New Media includes five integral components of recent New Media Art works. The artists selected for this exhibition are recognised for bringing in the latest in this genre:
· Devilrobot Toys which is a collection of rare vinyl toys by DEVILROBOTS, an internationally renowned five-man Japanese design team
· Digitisation Exhibition is a diverse variety of digital artworks created by Malaysia’s emerging graphic designers.
· DOTMOV Festival by Shift Japan is a video art series consisting a selection of 19 digital films out of 264 entries from 30 countries for a digital film festival organised by Shift, a Japanese online creative magazine.
· The Haroshi Exhibition is an eight three-dimensional art pieces sculpted from used skateboards that are cut out into mosaics, dots and pixels by Haroshi.
· The Windcatcher is an interactive art installation by a Shanghai-based team of designers called Super Nature Design that received an honourable mention during the Seoul Design Olympiad Awards 2009.
[click each photos to enlarge]
~ What i like best about this event
It’s digital and it’s colorful plus cute and most enjoyable time watching the most annoying and at the same time most interesting short digital movie at this gallery.
Date: 1 May 2010 – 4 Jul 2010
Time: Tues – Sun, 10am – 8pm
Level 3 – KLCC