Are you still eating white flour/white bread? I did a search on white flour and this is what i found out about the bread which we are consuming every morning!
White flour is made from stripping wheat off it’s nutrients which is essential for our human body and adding synthetic B Vitamins and bleaching it to remove the yellow color and increase amount of gluten the flour.
The use of synthetic B Vitamins is harmful because of it toxic to our human body.
The flour itself is devoid of the fiber which aids in passing easily through the large intestine. This slow passage gives more time for the useless synthetic vitamins to seep into the body.
Regularly eating white flour products will increase risk of developing diabetes. Therefore, we can replace white flour products with wheat products which are easily available in our supermarkets nowadays. However, you need to read the product labels carefully as many products advertise “whole grains” products on the market are actually made with white flour.
Go for 100% sprouted wheat bread! But, which bread?
Adventist sprouted wheat bread.
What else is made from white flour? Pau, bread, cookies, cakes, pizza …
How to Eliminate Toxins from White Flour
* Avoid “enriched” flour products because the nutrients have been replaced with coal tar derivatives
* Avoid white flour products: breads, (check labels of “multigrain” and “wheat” as well), pizza crusts, pasta, bagels, pretzels and more
* Read labels to select whole grains or sprouted grain flour. Purchase foods from natural food markets online or in your neighborhoods. Whole grains should be soaked or sprouted to avoid irritation to the intestinal wall
* Reduce your white flour intake to just 2 times weekly
* Regular colon cleansing can help to relieve the symptoms of constipation and reduce the buildup of toxins associated with eating flour
The anatomy of a grain of wheat
A whole grain is mostly made up of 3 parts. Source
– The bran, the germ, and the endosperm.
The endosperm makes up most of the kernal, the bran comes next and the germ makes up the least amount. Manufacturers remove the bran and germ when they make refined bread flour (white flour). Which is not good at all.
The bran is the outside layer of the grain and it is a rich source of many vitamins and minerals like magnesium, riboflavin, thiamin, phosphorus, niacin, iron and zinc. Almost all of the fiber within the grain comes from the bran.
The germ is the part of the grain from which a new plant would sprout if you were to plant it. It is a concentrated source of vitamin E, magnesium, riboflavin, thiamin, phosphorus, niacin, iron and zinc. The germ also contains some fat and protein.
The endosperm has very small amounts of vitamins, not nearly close to what the bran and germ have.
So now you know the anatomy of a whole grain of wheat, and you may see a little why it’s important to eat the WHOLE grain and not just the endosperm. We’re not getting the much needed vitamins, minerals and especially not getting the greatly needed fiber in our diets if we eat refined grains. So let’s start eating whole grains more often! After all, if it’ll help you live a healthier life, what can it hurt right?